Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.



Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore

Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore
Photo by Jerwin Allen Malabanan
CURRENT ENTRIES:

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Your e-mail message:

"Hi Mr. Tony Perez,

"I am _____________________.  I or we need your help.  You are our last hope.  We heard so much of you, and your expertise is what we may need now. If you are available, please email back on you availability, or give me a call or send me a text.  My mobile number is ____________. I am willing to meet you and discuss the details in person.. Thank you very much.

"____________________"

My answer:

Hi __________!

Thank you for your message, which, considering the urgency you might be feeling right now, is sketchy and incomplete. It reads like a SPAM message. It's somewhat like asking help from a doctor without describing exactly what the symptoms are.

Please organize your thoughts and write me a coherent description and narrative of everything that led you to contact me. You will find that, upon setting everything down on paper, the problem will have been solved already because of the detachment and insight provided by actual writing--if there was even a problem at all.

It is not necessary for me to meet up with you. Why should I? When people request that, I am very much perplexed, since I am capable of solving problems by remote, such as via e-mail.

I must also assume that, prior to contacting me, you have ruled out diagnoses by two professionals: a physician and a psychologist. That is the only time I really step in. A physician and a psychologist, however, exact professional fees. There is no barangay health center in this country that extends psychic services.

Finally, I am amused that other "psychics" would readily respond to you, call you, meet up with you, and snap up the opportunity to work on "a case". This is, to me, "Tubero Mentality", and I laugh out loud whenever I discover that "psychics" I know accepted cases I'd already rejected--sometimes for the mere thrill of being on TV.

I accept only one case out of 100. The 99 are best left to common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment