Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.



Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore

Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore
Photo by Jerwin Allen Malabanan
CURRENT ENTRIES:

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Message Only for My Co-Workers

Yesterday I attended my first-ever pre-retirement briefing at HR. There were two us there; a third would attend at a later time. Three others were scheduled to come on different schedules, making a total of five of us in all.

I had the distinct advantage of being with an HR employee who was able to guide me wisely and well through my retirement process. I discovered that the few dollars more that I will be making from January 2015 - March 2015 are not really worth all the time and effort, and that I am much better off retiring three months earlier, in December 2014, as Santa Claus temporarily garages his magical sled for the year.

And so, my dear colleagues, you will soon be seeing me saying goodbye--though not for good because I will always be in cyberspace as the eternal specter of your road not taken.

In addition to the rational factors behind my decision for early retirement:

--I want to leave before I decide that it wasn't worth staying too long.
--The traffic situation has made the metropolis a purgatory. (You don't know what this is if you don't live in the Philippines, and I see us backsliding unless something is done about it. Believe it or not, out-of-town is the next frontier.)
--Every morning and every afternoon of my life I see people jostling one another and fighting for survival in BOTH public and private modes of transportation, and it really brings out the worst in everyone. I refuse to see people getting hurt everyday.

I've computed the number of office days I still have, and I'm counting only 20! This is truly the last rainy season of my office life, but every day will be a blissful holiday for me!

Good luck! As for myself I shall be oversleeping, writing, and painting--the way I always dreamed I would!

No comments:

Post a Comment