Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.



Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore

Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore
Photo by Jerwin Allen Malabanan
CURRENT ENTRIES:

Friday, November 21, 2014

Many years ago the Australian Embassy sent me to represent the Philippines in the Melbourne International Writers Festival. During a workshop in Canberra I set aside some of my spare time researching on aboriginal culture; I was and still am fascinated by the Dreamtime. The famous, aborigine poet Mudrooroo passed away during this time, and his loss was mourned by many. One of the things that I learned from Mudrooroo's friends is that, in ancient aboriginal times, elders would take children to the tops of mountains and teach them astral travel.

Early this month I conducted "Writing from The Heart" for Mangyan children in Talipanan, Oriental Mindoro. I was able to closely observe their unique psychology. I also noted that they have features and characteristics similar to those of Australian aborigines. How I wished I could have diverted from my syllabus and had time to explore their mystical origins. I feel very strongly that the capability of traveling on the astral plane is very much a part of their psyche.

No comments:

Post a Comment