Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.



Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore

Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore
Photo by Jerwin Allen Malabanan
CURRENT ENTRIES:

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

"It Doesn't Work That Way."

"Friends" often shun requests for assistance with the trite reply, "It doesn't work that way." I'd experienced this with an Ateneo professor and a U.P. press director, among others. I took careful notes of their responses and made sure that, the next time they asked me for assistance, I would send back their replies word for word.

Sure enough, the day came when they eventually asked me for assistance, since they were planning to travel abroad and needed to have their interviews rescheduled.

My replies to them: "It doesn't work that way," followed by the verbatim responses they gave me in the past.

I never walk an extra mile for people do not walk an extra mile for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment