Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.



Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore

Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore
Photo by Jerwin Allen Malabanan
CURRENT ENTRIES:

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"Thieves" (Night of Monday, September 15, 2014)

Day Notes:

Chito and Chevy visited at noon. I gave them three glass mugs with Chito's initials, a tiny chess set and a little girl's flower basket for Chevy, some goodies from Marinduque, and some odds and ends that Chevy and Vinci could play with. I also gave Chito some money for his birthday.

Working online, I was quite dismayed with a Follower whom I'd let into my Friends Circle; most of his posts are appeals for donations to assist the medication of a child.

Some tenants' children came to our library and decor flush-out to purchase a dozen pens, a book, and an easel, all at bargain prices, of course. I decided to give a little girl a small drawing board for free to go with her easel.

The rest of the easels and art stands I gave away to Arvin, who owns the art gallery and school across our house.

Despite the rains it was a balmy night.


The Dream:

Part One:

I am out of town and sleeping over in a dorm. I am all alone. As I lie in bed I become aware that the room is gradually filling up with elemental spirits. I become annoyed, knowing that they will disturb me. I am somewhat relieved to see that Neil, who has come from the office, is sleeping on a bunk bed across mine. He tosses and turns in his sleep and mutters to himself, "Two minutes, two minutes..."

Part Two:

The scene shifts to my captain's cabin bedroom. I am surprised to see that Cerefina is sleeping on the floor; she eventually gets on my bed and snuggles against my body. I see, however, that there is a second dog, also with brown fur, padding about the room--and then three more dogs, apparently neighbors' dogs, all of them with brown fur. One of them licks my face. I actually feel this, along with the pressure of the dogs' bodies against mine, and I am convinced that I am awake and that the dogs are real.

I then see that, at the foot of the bed, there are two little boys who have entered the room in order to burgle it. I grip one of the boys' arms and demand to know how they were able to come inside. His fingers, however, have spikes fashioned out of sharpened paper clips on them, so that I am unable to hold on to him for long without getting hurt. The boys exit quickly through the bottom of my aluminum door that opens onto the rear passage. In this dream, my bedroom is on an upper floor that looks out onto the street. I shoo the animals away, including a black-and-white cat that falls onto the street, breaks its bones, yet manages to crawl across the street despite its injuries. I inspect the door's transom, which is made of double-paned glass, and see that the thieves entered this way by prying at the screws. I make a mental note to have the panes fixed. I decide that this kind of transom is ineffective; it seems that the screws must have been undone a little at a time over several nights. I think of making a list of the things that were stolen from me and I think of praying, but I begin both and ultimately abandon them.

I rue the loss of my wallet. It is slipped in through the door and I see that the wallet is completely empty, not only of money but of Angelique's high school graduation portrait and a copper talisman.

I especially regret the loss of my workshop materials, including my pendulum and my Tarot cards. Like the empty wallet, the empty box that contained them is slipped in through the door.

Part Three:

Now I am in the kitchen area of our old, ancestral house in San Fernando, Pampanga. I. is there. She is apparently privy to the thievery that has been going on. She shows me all she could possible return to me, which is someone else's grimy notebook in which some of my Tarot cards have been pasted. We try to peel off the cards but they get torn and damaged.

Two boy-thieves enter; they are apparently adolescent versions of the two little boys in my captain's cabin bedroom. They are aloof and uncooperative. I know that I will never get my stolen possessions back.

A man and a woman, also behaving like thieves, enter and go to the dining and living areas of the house. I try to stop them and scare them off but they move too quickly. The dining and living areas have become the tiled roof of a long structure in the center of what looks like a Chinese courtyard. I pull on a rope across the roof, hoping to trip the man, but the rope gives. The woman turns to me and challenges me. She extends her hand as though expecting a handshake, but I refuse to give her my hand because I know that she will only pull me aside and drop me over the roof. I go back to the kitchen area. The man and the woman follow me there. I now see that the man looks like Gil, the gang leader of Genuine Ilocano, one of many gang leaders whom I met when I conducted a "Writing from The Heart" workshop for gang leaders at New Bilibid Prison more than a year ago. This time the man has a wooden, home-manufactured gun that he threatens me with. Strangely, the gun looks like the toy gun I had when I was about seven years old. The man looks at my signature ring on my right hand and my insignia ring on my left hand; for a moment I worry that he will take them. He moves to the small window of the kitchen area, the one beside the servants' room.

I sit on a chair and note that I. has placed some folded money, possibly a thousand bill and two five-hundred bills, into a crack in the seat for me. I take the money and slip it into my empty wallet, which I then tuck inside my black shorts.


Interpretation:

When I awoke from the third part of my dream I checked the time on my Blackberry cell phone. It was 2:39 AM. I initially and distinctly felt that there were thieves inside the house. Yet, after I rose and got dressed for work, nothing was amiss.

I have four interpretations of this dream:

1) The elementals, dogs, cat, and thieves were actually spirits that came and visited me during the night.

2) I have been giving away too much lately to friends and neighbors who are, in a way "thieves" not only of material things but of my time and talents.

3) I was dreaming about things that were actually happening to my co-workers, Neil et alii. At the Octagon this morning, the conversations were all about actual burglaries that victimized my co-workers. Rey's wife was approached in her car by men who knocked on her door and said that she'd dropped some money behind her car; when she stepped out to look there were indeed coins on the street, but upon her return to the steering wheel she discovered that the men had run off with her bag containing PHP5,000. Julius's father-in-law had left their front gate open; thieves entered their front door, ransacked the ground and upper floors, and made off with electronic gadgets and money while everyone in the house was fast asleep. He later found out that two of his neighbors were victimized in the same manner, all three of them a week apart each. One of the consular aides told us the story of how his neighbor's house was burgled in the same manner of cell phones and one watch from a precious watch collection. We decided that, in all cases, all of the thieves were teenagers who recognized only electronic gadgets and money as precious.

4) My psyche is telling me to be cautious about thieves at this time.

I am thankful for now that, due to our house renovation, our balconies and loggias are completely wrapped with iron trellises.

No comments:

Post a Comment