Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.



Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore

Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore
Photo by Jerwin Allen Malabanan
CURRENT ENTRIES:

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Perfection and Imperfection

Going through my Tacloban notebook and I see that I scribbled something about perfection and imperfection. I cannot recall exactly why I did this; perhaps it was during a conversation over lunch with Boyet, who has remained single, and Raquel, who is married and has a daughter in college. I scribbled down "perfection and imperfection" and two names, not Boyet and Raquel but "Noel and Dudu", two people who do not even know each other and who belong to two different worlds in my past.

I remember Noel, who was young and unmarried when we were working on the same team at __________ ______ _________. He was very finicky about women. He was attracted only to women who had flawless complexion, impeccable taste, proportional figures, and every hair in place. A single mole would turn him off completely.

Dudu was a college friend, and, on the other hand, was attracted only to men who had blatant imperfections: a limp, a stammer, or some other kind of "defect". He was absolutely repelled by male models and movie stars.

Where are Noel and Dudu now, I wonder? Have they found the woman and man of their quirky dreams?

Are they happy? Are they content?

No comments:

Post a Comment