Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.



Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore

Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore
Photo by Jerwin Allen Malabanan
CURRENT ENTRIES:

Friday, August 22, 2014

Manila - Tacloban (Monday, August 18, 2014)


That's me in the line for PRM and Senior Citizens, bright and early in the morning at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 3. PRM (Persons with Restricted Mobility) seems to be the new, politically correct term for PWD (Persons with Disabilities). I suppose they specifically mean passengers who have to board on wheelchairs.




The PRM and Senior Citizens counter




I had two bola-bola dumplings and a raspberry tea, and then a scoop of strawberry gelato.






On board Cebu Pacific




I wanted so much to join this game and win a triangular wallet (it looked so mystical) and the stewardesses even urged me to do so, but I had a bashful moment. (Yes, I am capable of those, bwahahahahahaha!)




Arrival in Tacloban



The conveyor belt doesn't work. The airport was totally submerged during Typhoon Haiyan. The Provincial Headquarters of the Philippine National Police, nearby, was totally submerged as well. I was told that most of the newly recruited police officers perished; their bodies were later found at the foot of San Juanico Bridge, miles away.














The branch manager of Philippine Veterans Bank lives near the Coca-Cola plant.












Students taunt a street psychotic.





Our first night was at XYZ Hotel, currently the best hotel in town. Pricey food, though.  My room was on the seventh floor.




A very late lunch at the hotel coffee shop.



I like XYZ Hotel, though, because it has Pepsi Max, the drink of psychics.




Dinner at Rai Rai Ken, Robinson's.



No comments:

Post a Comment