Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.



Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore

Jalan-Jalan with Jerwin in Singapore
Photo by Jerwin Allen Malabanan
CURRENT ENTRIES:

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Joy

On the first day of "Writing from The Heart" for abused women and children in Marinduque, I had more observers than participants in the room, most of them comprised of educators, social workers, police officers, and police interns. Unbeknownst to me an outsider had wangled her way into the circle as a participant. She was a teacher of preschool children. She persuaded one of the organizers to let her in and provide her an additional chair.

Her name is Joy. Later in the morning she mustered enough courage to volunteer to help me demonstrate one of my exercises in intuition. That is how I came to know her. She is the single daughter of one of the more affluent families in Boac. At the end of the day she disclosed to me that she'd read most of my works and has been a fan of mine for a long time now. She gave me her own intuitive reading of me and said that we'd actually met before, and we did--I remember her as one of the students who regularly comes to me astrally whenever I teach lessons while I am in the dreaming state. It was a pleasant, thrilling, physical reunion for both of us.

Joy had never seen all of my works in print and in cyberspace, and relied mainly on stories that other people told about me. I am certain that, even without those works, I would have been able to touch her by means of that ancient phenomenon, word of mouth, which will always be part of our world with or without technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment